The Pick of the Week Program is Closed for 2018.
We have started a wait list.
Please call the number below or email if you would like to be added to the wait list. Being on the wait list does not lock you in, but you will be offered a spot if one becomes available.
Please continue to visit us at the farm, the farmers' market and Union Hospital (Thursdays, 3pm-6pm).
Pick of the Week Program Agreement
3279 E. Margaret Drive
Terre Haute, IN 47802
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pickery is a certified organic farm located right here in Terre Haute. This is our fourth season and we are now introducing our version of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) called “Pick of the Week.” We will work hard to bring you the best variety and most delicious produce possible. We want you and your family to enjoy good eating by having a connection to your farmer.
We are glad you have an interest in this program! Please take a few moments to carefully read through this agreement, as it will help us lay the groundwork for a successful season together.
What you can expect: The Pick of the Week is a selection of the delicious vegetables and herbs we have ready to pick at the Pickery. The bag will feed 2 – 3 adults, but will be slightly smaller than other CSAs. The bag will be about the equivalent of 2/3s of a paper grocery bag full, but will vary. The program runs the first four weeks of every month May 31 through October 27. There is no pick-up on your fifth pick-up day of the month, if it occurs.
Please understand that the size of the bag might vary from week to week, depending on product value and availability. Our goal is that the amount you receive over the length of the season will be a good value. If unforeseen weather conditions reduce crop availability, the bags will be reduced in quantity. The Pickery will try to make up for lost volume later in the season, but this is not guaranteed.
We also look forward to including bonus items in your bag such as flowers, herbs with instructions to dry and recipes for vegetables which may be new to you. You may also receive bonus quantities of something with instructions on how to freeze it.
Pick Up Options: We are offering three pick-up options for your convenience. Please consider your choice carefully.
- Union Hospital: Thursdays between 3 and 6 p.m. Every Thursday--June 7 through October EXCEPT August 30 (5th Thursday).
- Farmers’ Market: (now at Meadows Shopping Center) Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. Every Saturday June through October except June 30 and Sept. 29 (5th Saturdays). When the Farmers’ Market is not being held or is cancelled for rain, you will be expected to pick up your bag at the farm. This includes October 20th and 27th and markets cancelled for bad weather.
- The Pickery: 3279 E. Margaret Drive, Terre Haute. Fridays 3 to 6 p.m. Every Friday afternoon June 1 through October 26 between 3 and 6 p.m. except June 29 and August 31 (5th Fridays)
All bags not picked up during the hours above will be taken to the Pickery, kept in a cold room and can be picked up during our hours of operation. Most items will stay fresh, but each day that goes by is your risk. Any bag not picked up by Sunday at 5:00 p.m. will be donated.
At every pick-up site, you will be allowed to swap out one item for something of a similar value on the market table or farm stand. The attendant will let you know the choices. This will prevent you from getting produce you will not eat or do not care for.
The cost of the Pick of the Week program is $80 per month ($20 per week). We accept the following payment options:
- (Preferred) Credit or Debit: Recurring charges will be processed on the 3rd of every month, May through October. You may pay online at www.thepickery.net, or stop by the farm so we can swipe the card you would like to use.
- Cash or Check: Pay by cash or check by paying in person or mailing your payment to the farm by the 1st of every month, June through October. There is a $25 fee if your check is returned to us.
- SNAP/EBT: I am currently working on this option, but it is not yet available. I will notify all of you if I am able to accept this type of payment.
If something goes wrong with your payment: Life happens. If we don’t receive your cash or check, or if your credit/debit card is declined and we can’t reach you, we need a plan! I will still bring your bag of produce to your pick up site on the first week and hope to see you. If I don’t see you by Sunday at 5:00 p.m., I will donate it. I will not bring your bag the second week unless I hear from you. I will attempt to contact you via email and phone, but please try to contact me and let me know what you want to do.
Cancellations: If you are relocating, have unforeseen life challenges or just decide that the Pick of the Week is not for you, you may cancel in writing at the end of any month. No refunds will be given unless there are extenuating circumstances. I must receive an email or written letter from you cancelling with an effective date.
Communications: Notifications will be done through email only and it is the customer's responsibility to open and read them.